Riscon Solutions Ltd (RSL) takes an individual’s right to privacy, and associated use of data for both individuals and organisations, very seriously and as such presents how it is utilised within the organisation in this policy. RSL understands that data and information has a crucial role to play in helping society function; it promotes its appropriate use, and the use of required regulation in order to protect against its exploitation.
This document details the currently active legal policies that Riscon Solutions Ltd utilises in its day to day operations. This largely concerns the use of information systems e.g. web apps and other information infrastructure. The document includes the following:
- Terms and Conditions (T&Cs)
- Acceptable Use Policy
1. Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions for Riscon Solutions Ltd web infrastructure is defined by the following:
- General information – The web app (https://riscon.solutions) and associated cloud applications associated with the Riscon brand is run and maintained by “Riscon Solutions Ltd” registered in England and Wales, Company No: 9734784, and whose registered office is at Chandler House, 7 Ferry Road Office Park, Riversway, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2YH, UK.
- Rights of use and access – As a visitor to the web app detailed above, you are defined as a “User” of the app and are bound by the T&Cs and associated “Acceptable Use” and “Privacy” policies. A user is provided temporary right to use the app and only in accordance with the T&Cs explained here. Any user that is provided with a username and password in order to use must treat it as confidential and not to disclose it to anybody else.
- Reliance on information – Comments and materials posted on the site can’t be relied on as advice, and exclude legal liability for any such reliance by the user or anybody else the person informs.
- Intellectual property – Riscon Solutions Ltd owns all the rights to the material included in web infrastructure including all trademarks, logos, graphics, photographs, videos, text, images.
- Links to other web apps – Riscon Solutions Ltd don’t endorse or recommend any links to third-party apps and they are only provided for informational purposes. No responsibility is provided with respect to these apps and Riscon Solutions Ltd do not accept any liability for any loss suffered as a result of visiting these apps. RSL retains the right to prevent or veto any links to other web apps where deemed inappropriate or not in the interests of the organisation and its users.
- Viruses, hacking and other offences – The web app or associated web infrastruture cannot be knowingly misused by other parties through the introduction of viruses or any other malicious software. Unauthorised access is restricted to the web app, server or any associated database. Any misuse will be handled in a strong manner by RSL in accordance with the Computer Misuse Act, 1990.
- Changes to T&Cs – RSL can make changes to the T&Cs at any time in order to reflect changes in the operation of the organisation. Changes will be reflected in the date of issue and version number.
- Disclaimer of liability – All information provided by Riscon Solutions Ltd on web infrastructure is on an “as is” basis, and no responsibility about the accuracy and validity of this information is provided by RSL. There is no promise or provision of warranty in respect of any use of the web app and its content, including any mistakes or omissions that have been made. As stated above, RSL accepts no legal responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by a User, including money, profits, data or reputation. Any reliance placed on the content of the site is at the User’s own risk.
- Jurisdiction and governing law – As Riscon Solutions Ltd operates as a company in the United Kingdom, all the terms of the web infrastructure operate under English and UK Law.
- Contact and concerns – For any concerns on the material that appears on the web app and associated web infrastructure, please contact email@example.com
2. Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use Policy for Riscon Solutions Ltd web infrastructure is defined by the following, in accordance with the T&Cs defined above:
- Prohibited uses – Riscon Solutions Ltd web infrastructure can only be used for lawful purposes. In particular the User can’t use the web app to do the following:
- Breach any local, national or international law or regulation
- Take part in any unlawful or fraudulent activity
- Conduct any harm or attempt to harm any individual especially to minors under the age of 18
- Send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material that doesn’t comply with the standards laid out in this document
- Transmit unrequested or unauthorised advertising (spam)
- Transmit any data containing harmful viruses or other harmful programs that may damage computer software or hardware
- Reproduce, copy or resell any content of the app
- Access, damage or disrupt any part of the web infrastructure
2. Content standards – All content included on RSL web infrastructure should meet the following standards; be accurate, genuine and compliant with law in the UK. Contributions should not contain any of the following material; content of an offensive or obscene nature, promote violence or sexual exploitation, promote discrimination in any form, infringe intellectual property rights of any other person, provide upset to any individual, be used to misrepresent someone’s identity or impersonate another person, or help someone to commit or assist an unlawful act.
3. Suspension and termination – If a breach of this policy occurs, Riscon Solutions Ltd provide themselves the right to protect their web infrastructure by performing the following actions; immediately withdraw a User’s right to use the app/infrastructure, remove any material uploaded to the app/infrastructure by the User, commence legal proceedings for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach, and also RSL will disclose information about the breach to the appropriate law enforcement authority.
4. Changes to Acceptable Use Policy – RSL can make changes to the Acceptable Use Policy at any time in order to reflect changes in the operation of the organisation. Changes will be reflected in the date of issue and version number.
5. Contact and concerns – For any concerns on the Acceptable Use Policy that appears on the web app and associated web infrastructure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Types of data and uses – Riscon Solutions Ltd collects numerous types of data for different purposes within the organisation:
- Personal data – Personal data is collected in order to; record client/vendor details in order to process sales or purchases, to process staff/contractor contracts, and sometimes in order to conduct contractual obligations from clients.
- Publicly available data – Publicaly available data utilised by RSL includes academic journals, news feeds, statistics and reports that are available in the public domain. These are collected and stored in order to complete contractual assignments.
2. Data disclosure – Riscon Solutions Ltd occasionally discloses data to third parties in the event of the sharing of client/vendor contact information under the following conditions; where it is seen to be of benefit to that business and where prior consent has been provided in the sharing of this information. A client/vendor has the right at any time to withdraw their permission to share the information.
3. Data storage – RSL takes data privacy very seriously and strives to store all data/information in secure databases. Personal data is stored on secure cloud database infrastructure provided by known software suppliers. These cloud databases sometimes reside outside of the EU area. If Users/Clients/Vendors would like further information on the location of this data they can contact Riscon Solutions Limited. Publicly available data is stored on business devices that are password protected.
4. Cookies – RSL web infrastructure sometimes utilises cookies in order to satisfy security requirements, and at other times to monitor performance of web infrastructure. Consent is required for the collection of these cookies and Users are provided notification of this event. Users maintain the right to opt out of cookies and understand that opting out may have implications on both the performance and security of their interaction with the web infrastructure.
5. Other sites – If a User of Riscon Solutions Ltd web infrastructure follows links to third party sites, those other sites may have different privacy policies which RSL are not responsible for.
Legal Notice version 1.0
issue date: 14th May 2018